Thursday, March 05, 2009

They Love Their Hockey

Student, clutching a wad of bills in one hand, having just completed a conversation with his buddy about how to buy tickets for the hockey game: Can I go to the bathroom?

Me: No, because you're not going to the bathroom. You're going to buy hockey tickets.

Student: Damn! How do you know that?

Later...
Student: Just let me go. I'll be quiet for the rest of the hour if you let me go.

Me: Why should I have to make that kind of a deal with you?

Later still...
Student: Come on, I really have to go to the bathroom. For real this time.

Me: Don't worry. They'll still be selling hockey tickets when we're done with the notes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man. You are such a hard ass!

Unknown said...

No kidding.

And you live life on the edge, don't you? If this student were like my oldest son, who waits until that last possible minute to visit the bathroom, you could have had a big mess on your classroom floor...

Alex said...

Hmm...I don't think you make a mess on the floor when you can't buy hockey tickets, but I guess it's a risk I was willing to take.

Don't worry. He "went to the bathroom" before the bell rang.