Friday, June 05, 2009

The Elephant in the Room

Well, you have to write something about the last day of school, don't you?

You have to at least acknowledge that the next three months or so are going to be relaxing, with some fun, a little productivity, and just a tinge of wallowing sadness, because that's what happens when I have too much free time. Oh, but don't worry. I don't plan to wallow the whole time. I'll also be going to Carleton and Macalester for some training. Maybe I only became a teacher in order to spend more time on Minnesota's most beautiful private liberal arts campuses. Campi?

3 comments:

Peace Turkey said...

So. Jealous.

About the time off, about the wallowing, about the continuing ed classes.

I should have listened to my mom (a teacher) and become a teacher.

Alex said...

Well, it's feast or famine as far as free time goes. You're either too busy to ever hang out with friends, or have so much free time you start to be a pest. Still, it really is a pretty good deal.

Eoin said...

If you ever want to go to a museum or zoo with two cute 18 month old twins as part of your Continuing Education, let me know.